Sunday, September 21, 2014

Goodreads Review - Al Pacino: conversation with Lawrence Grobel

Al PacinoAl Pacino by Lawrence Grobel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've never been a big Al Pacino fan and this book didn't make me change my mind. But it did leave me with the impression that I've met a man who lived a full life and learned a lot on the way. It is probably a must read for the fans of his movies as the dialog insists a lot on the roles he played, the way he lived and felt every one of them, the way his thoughts evolved in time. I appreciated the spark between him and the author, Lawrence Grobel. The personal relationship they developed along the 26 years of interviews that resulted in this book, were definitely a plus for the overall read.

However, I saw a man with too many regrets about past decisions, too many frustrations and if this is what you get after a life as full as his, I wonder what's there for the rest of us.

A decent read but not as in-depth as I expected it to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment